Thursday, August 30, 2012

9 days until the Celebration of Cycling!

There are only 9 days left to register for PEAC's 20th Annual Celebration of Cycling Ride that empowers cyclists with disabilities! 

With your help, we can work with students like Ben and give them the opportunity to ride! 


Ben, age 11, is a summer program veteran. This year ma
rked his seventh year of participation in our programming! Here is a note from him about his experience:

Since I was 4 years old, I started cycling with PEAC. This is my seventh year and it has made big difference in my life. The program has taught me to be ride a two wheel bike. I was part of the summer program and ride in the family rides at Willow Metro Park. I’ve rode over 1,000 miles! Everyone at PEAC helps me ride safely, independently, and they are all about having fun. Isn’t that what riding your bike is all about? Even though it took me time to find my balance to ride by myself, now I can ride on my own or on a tandem!

Registration for our ride begins at 7am and the Start/Finish line is at the Warrendale Picnic Area on Hines Drive. 
Please register online at http://celebrationofcycling.eventbrite.com/



If you can't come to the Celebration of Cycling, please consider sponsoring a cyclist at bikeprogram.org
See you on September 8th! 

No comments:

Post a Comment